Monday, October 3, 2011

Solace


Going to Grahamstown this past weekend, I found a lot of things. I found long walks, good music, wonderful food, welcoming monks, great friends, beautiful views, the Indian Ocean, and a side of South Africa that is very different from Mthatha. Above all, though, I found solace. I found this inescapable sense of peace scattered throughout the journey. I found solace in walks through the hills, at the beachside, during times of prayer and meditation, and in a kindred spirit that’s also experiencing South Africa for the first time. I found this last one to be most important. In being able to talk with Stephen without language or cultural barriers, I was able to be wholly and unabashedly myself – something that I feel I don’t get to do very often here. Even something as simple as sharing a similar knowledge/taste in music was immensely refreshing. All in all, it was a great trip. Shout out to mah boy, Stephen!


Hills outside of Grahamstown

That's the chapel building on the left, monastery on the right.

Coast at the town, Kenton on Sea!

Bongiselo, Stephen, and myself!

Thanks for tuning in!

Uxolo,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment