Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Change of Plans

Dear friends,

I have encountered a change of plans. I should really adapt this as a mantra as it seems to be the story of my life! I like it that way, though. A change of plans always makes things more exciting and more tangible. Plus, I get to use my mad MacGyver skills. So here's the change: I will no longer be going to work with HOPE Africa near Cape Town. BUT, I will be working on the other side of the country. My placement has been moved to the Eastern Cape province in the city of Mthatha (also spelled Umtata). There, I'm going to live and work in the Itipini Community Project clinic! Who would have thought that I might be called into the medical field? I don't know my exact job description yet, but I will get back with you all as soon as I know more. In the mean time, here's a mini-documentary someone put together about Itipini; check it out!




Peace,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment